Saturday, March 3, 2012

Tornados

Our morning definitely did not turn out as planned! The boys and I woke up at our usual time 9:00. Daddy had left early for training so it was just me, the boys, and Nana. As always the boys were extremely fussy and ready to eat. So we started our morning routine, diaper change, new clothes for the day, then bottle. It was already very dark and gloomy outside but we figured it was just a little rain. Boy were we wrong! Nana and I were feeding the boys and watching the weather and Comcast took over the screen and was beeping Tornado Warning!!!! We realized then that obviously it was not just a little rain. The warning informed us that the tornado was headed towards Killearn. We kind of sat there a while and decided maybe we should go get in the bathtub. ( Funny, but it is the safest place in the middle of our house). I threw the diaper bags in there, put Bellas collar and leash on, and we all camped out in the bathroom for a good hour and a half. Not fun at all!!

The ones who know me know that I do not take Tornado Warning's lightly. I am deathly afraid of them. Especially now that I have my two little babies I am like a mama bear protecting her cubs! Nothing is gonna happen to my babies! So in the bath tub we sat! I kept checking the weather app on my phone the whole time we were in there for any updates. Finally, they lifted the warning and it went back to a tornado watch. So we were able to put the boys in their swings for their morning nap because by that time they were exhausted hehe and mommy finally got her morning cup of coffee! I am not a morning person so missing out on my coffee is a big deal! Maybe I was being a little dramatic about the whole thing but I was trying to play it safe with the boys. It rained allllll day so I got a slow start to my busy schedule. Eventually I got the house clean, laundry finished, and cooked dinner! It has been a LONG day! As for my update of last nights bath time, Nana saved me in the middle of Jonathan screaming his head off. I had finished Christopher's bath and was getting his pajamas on and Nana rescued us! Bath time is definitely hard when you are by yourself. That was my first solo bath time experience. Daddy is home to help tonight so no worries!

Other than our tornado scare we had a pretty good day. We missed daddy as usual. But the boys took a long nap today which is rare these days. We played in the bouncers, jungle, and had lots of tummy time! They sat in their high chairs with us at the table during dinner. Now we are winding down for our nighttime routine. They are playing in the jungle and got extremely fussy!! Daddy put on the country music and they immediately stopped! They are our country boys :) So adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment